[rkward-devel] RKWard-devel Digest, Vol 63, Issue 5

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Sun Nov 13 09:20:27 UTC 2011

Hi,

On Saturday 12 November 2011, Mischa Vreeburg wrote:
> My setup is windows 7 64 bit:
> I have 17+ drives, depending on USB sticks or external hdd.
> 2 are cd/dvd
> 4 are from a card reader they show up as usb drives 0 bytes
> 6 are hard drives
> 2 are virtual cd/dvd drives
> 1 is a mapped network drive
> 1 is 3 1/2 drive
> 1 is the printer mith USB port

ok, so it is the problem with many drives.

> Here is the gdb session info and the backtrace:

Thanks for that. I believe I have found the bug in kdelibs, and committed a
fix. I don't know, when that will become available in a KDE on Windows release,
though.

In the meantime, it should be possible to work around the crash like this:
1. Locate your KDE local storage folder (in the RKWard R Console, enter
  rk.sessionInfo()
the folder should be listed as "Local KDE directory".
2. Go to the sub-folder "share\config".
3. Edit the text file "kdeglobals".
4. Locate section [KFileDialog Settings]. If that section does not exist, yet,
create it, by adding the line "[KFileDialog Settings]" at the end of the file.
5. Add the line "Maximum of recent URLs=50" to the KFileDialog Settings-
section.

Please let me know, whether this works for you.