[rkward-devel] [rkward-announce] Upcoming release, call for testing RKWard 0.5.6

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Tue May 17 18:26:08 UTC 2011

Hi!

Once again, it's time to prepare a new release, and once again, I would like
to ask you for help in testing, packaging and translating. Details on
available downloads, and a tentative release schedule can be found at
http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/rkward/index.php?title=Release_Schedule
as usual.

Compared to the previous release, the changes are less fundamental,
technically, and so I think we can get along with a relatively short testing
period. Thus, I would like to ask you to provide feedback by May 24, with a
targetted final release date on May 30. Naturally, the testing phase will be
expanded, if necessary.

Features to look out for are the new "Copy to output" actions: Run->CC
commands to output and File->Copy lines to output (in the script editor and R
console windows). Further, you may want to try the new stop-button at the
right hand of the status bar (also in the "Run"-menu). If you are using S4
objects, you may want to take a look at their representation in the
"Workspace" browser.

--- Translators ---

Now is a good time to start updating your translations. As usual, the deadline
to send your updates ends with the testing phase on May 24. RKWard is now
registered for translations on launchpad:
https://translations.launchpad.net/rkward . You may want to give that a try.
Of course, if you do not have the time to look at this right now, or you do
not like this, you can continue to send your translations by mail.

Thanks!