[rkward-devel] RKWard 0.5.5 is released

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Mon Mar 21 14:13:11 UTC 2011

Hi,

On Monday 21 March 2011, meik michalke wrote:
> you didn't mention the KHNS feature, was that intended?

oops. No, sorry, I simply forgot about it. Well, this goes to show that I
could use a bit of help with that whole release process, esp. with writing all
those announcments, release schedules, etc.

So are you looking for a new position as "release coordinator"?

> i just tried the installer bundle on windows. i did the installation as
> administrator (had to manually correct the path in rkward.bat after that)

Ah, indeed. I forgot a step, here. I'll try to correct it, later today.

> and then launched RKWard as a normal user. there i needed to manually
> point to all.pluginmap, although RKWard offered the correct directory by
> itself.

Will have to investiate.

> however, the KHNS plugin installation doesn't seem to work on windows.
> there's no error, just an empty ~/.rkwrad/plugins directory is being
> created, nothing else. the one and only plugin available is corretly shown
> though, but it's of no real consequence to press the "install" button. it
> still works on GNU/linux as expected. i'm not a windows guy, so there's
> just two hypotheses: a) windows can't handle .tar.gz (must we add tar/gzip
> to the bundle?) and quietly fails at unpacking, b) some security feature
> prevents the archive to be downloaded in the first place, without further
> notice.

Will have to investigate.