[rkward-devel] load R data files broken?

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Fri Jun 17 08:50:53 UTC 2011

Hi,

On Thursday 16 June 2011, meik michalke wrote:
> this also doesn't help. but it helped me noticing that for a glimpse of an
> eye something does appear, but it's as if it's immediately being closed
> again, like just before it's fully there. just a small grey box that
> flashes up.

well, ok, at least all that testing shows that it's a fairly robust effect.
Perhaps you can try narrowing it down from two sides:

1. Could you try with a different window manager? Could you try downgrading
kwin? Could you toy with System Settings->Workspace->Window Behavior settings
a bit?

2. Could you play with the plugin a bit (00saveload/import/load_data.xml)? One
rather unusual thing about it is that is shows/hides two different warning
messages depending on whether the "Save to environment"-box is checked. This
may result in the dialog being resized shortly after it is shown. Perhaps the
problem is here. Thus:
2a. Try removing the <logic>-section.
2b. Try moving everything into a <tabbook>, with the two warning-labels in a
second tab (of course, this does not make too much sense, but I think it
should keep the size fixed).
2c. Try running the "Analysis->Qt script test1" plugin (from
under_development.pluginmap). This does some unusual UI-changes, too.