[rkward-devel] load R data files broken?

meik michalke meik.michalke at uni-duesseldorf.de
Wed Jun 15 08:25:26 UTC 2011

hi,

am Dienstag 14 Juni 2011 (18:24) schrieb Thomas Friedrichsmeier:
> On Tuesday 14 June 2011, meik michalke wrote:
> > if i click it, absolutely nothing happens. i'm running KDE 4.6.4, chan
> > that be responsible?
>
> You mean nothing happens when you click Submit? In that case, check the
> "Command log" for diagnostics. Or no dialog comes up when you select
> Import->Load R data from the menu? That would be quite mysterious, indeed.

it's exactly that: literally nothing happens, no dialog window comes up. all
other plugins still seem to work just fine, though.

> Try changing Debug->Debug level to 5 in the settings, directly before
> starting the pluign, and then lower it to 2, again. Then post the debug
> output file.

ok, did that:
 o http://reaktanz.de/stuff/R/debug_0.5.6z+0.5.7.txt.tar.gz

> > in the debug messages, on that occasion it reads:
> >
> > <debug>
> > Calling appendChild() on a null node does nothing.
> > </debug>
>
> Well, that probably needs fixing, somewhere, but I doubt it has anything to
> do with the problem.

you're right, the message appears also with other plugins that work.

heinrich-heine-universit"at 40225 d"usseldorf