[rkward-devel] troubles

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Thu Feb 10 17:03:54 UTC 2011

NOTE: To keep mailing list traffic low, I have not allowed your mail to the
list, due to the two attached images. Maximum permissible size on this list is
100KB, although we do make exceptions where necessary.

Here's a full quote of the message text:

On Thursday 10 February 2011, Branimir K. Hackenberger wrote:
> Dear All!
>
> I have trouble with using functions like interp (akima) and akimaInterp
> (fUtilities). Namely, each time used these functions I have obtained two
> different results (as I send you in attachment). How is it possible?
> Beside them sometimes on picture is appearing white line across the
> image (independent of resolution - sometimes by high and sometimes by
> low resolution - completely irregularly).
>
> Thx!

Hi!

The example code from ?interp and ?akimaInterp works for me, without apparent
problems. I observe that the difference between the two plots you attached
appears to be that one of them is not complete. The regions that have been
drawn appear identical on first glance.

As you may be aware, RKWard is only a frontend to the "R" software
environment. Further a lot of functionality available in R is not maintained
by the R project itself, but is provided by contributed packages, in this case
"akima".

The issue you are experiencing is very likely not directly related to RKWard,
and neither to R, but to the akima package. As one simple test, try running
your code in a plain R session outside of RKWard, to test whether you observe
the same symptoms, there.

If, after that, you believe that the problem is really specific to RKWard, then
please provide us with more specifics. Preferrably this would be an example R
script which we can run to reproduce the problem. Also, please include
information on the versions of R, RKWard, and akima in use (output of
sessionInfo()).

If you think the problem is more likely specific to the akima package, the
maintainer of this package is listed as "Albrecht Gebhardt <albrecht.gebhardt
at uni-klu.ac.at>" at http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/akima/index.html
. Most likely this is the person you should contact. Most likely this person
will also ask you for an example R script, and the output of sessionInfo().

I hope this will help you to find a solution.