[rkward-devel] windows file bugs

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Mon Dec 19 13:12:04 UTC 2011

Hi,

On Monday 19 December 2011, meik michalke wrote:
> yesterday i witnessed problems with a freshly installed windows version of
> RKWard (on windows 7), still related to the file dialog -- the native
> dialog was turned off.
>
> i couldn't really identify a pattern, but for instance, trying to set up a
> new R library directory caused RKWard to freeze every time we pressed the
> "add" button (two other people had similar problems when trying to set the
> working directory via dialog). we could, however, save objects as files,
> and then import them again, but *most times* had problems invoking the
> import file dialog *without* the save dialog before in that session.
> whenever the file dialog appeared, most folders were listed twice as well.
> all in all my feeling was that the issue is more with "open" than with
> "save" dialogs, somehow.

Some things to try:
- Try removing the ".kde" folder (The "Local KDE directory" as listed by
rk.sessionInfo()), then start again. For testing purposes, leave native
dialogs turned on, on the first attempt, then turn them off in a second attempt.
- Try, whether this workaround affects things: http://www.mail-
archive.com/rkward-devel at lists.sourceforge.net/msg01580.html

> i also noticed a general bug: try "save workspace as" and notice that the
> filter is set correctly. now type anything for a file name -- the filter
> switches to "all files" immediately, turning off the option to append a
> proper file extension.

Confirmed. It's a new bug in kdelibs. Working on a fix right now.