[rkward-devel] windows file bugs

meik michalke Meik.Michalke at uni-duesseldorf.de
Mon Dec 19 11:56:43 UTC 2011

hi,

yesterday i witnessed problems with a freshly installed windows version of
RKWard (on windows 7), still related to the file dialog -- the native dialog
was turned off.

i couldn't really identify a pattern, but for instance, trying to set up a new
R library directory caused RKWard to freeze every time we pressed the "add"
button (two other people had similar problems when trying to set the working
directory via dialog). we could, however, save objects as files, and then
import them again, but *most times* had problems invoking the import file
dialog *without* the save dialog before in that session. whenever the file
dialog appeared, most folders were listed twice as well. all in all my feeling
was that the issue is more with "open" than with "save" dialogs, somehow.

i also noticed a general bug: try "save workspace as" and notice that the
filter is set correctly. now type anything for a file name -- the filter
switches to "all files" immediately, turning off the option to append a proper
file extension.

  heinrich-heine-universit"at d"usseldorf