[rkward-devel] wilcoxon tests

meik michalke meik.michalke at uni-duesseldorf.de
Mon Dec 12 19:30:13 UTC 2011

hi,

Am Montag 12 Dezember 2011, 19:47:56 schrieb Thomas Friedrichsmeier:
> > btw, i also added support for tests against costants to the t-test
> > plugin, is that ok?
>
> This looks ok to me for the moment. I corrected a typo, and the initial
> value of the constant.

i think you didn't have to do the latter, since i fixed that in svn already
(the default starting value for spinboxes was wrong, see revision 4098). at
least that is now consitent with the docs, and makes much more sense to me.

> However in the long run, there is a bunch more features that we should add:
> - Testing an arbitrary number of variables against each other or against a
> constant
> - Support for data in long format (single outcome variable and grouping
> factor). Using all levels or selected levels of the grouping factor(*).
> - Various modes of alpha correction

all sounds very familiar to me, except for the multiple vars against a
constant ;-) if i'm not mistaken, most of this is already implemented in the
"pairwise t-tests" dialog of the rk.ANOVA plugin. [btw, if you had a look at
the latest version, specificly the "observed" tab, do you have an idea if/how
i could make sure that you can only select variables that are already
within/between selections?]

> I think having all of that inside a single plugin will be too much, so we
> will have to split all that into two or more plugins.

well, done ;-)

> BTW, while testing your addition, I noted some more details that could be
> improved:
> - "Paired sample" and "Assume equal variances" should probably be on the
> same tab. Having mutually exclusive options on different tabs has some
> potential for confusion.
> - "Print confidence interval" should be a checkable frame, instead of a
> checkbox.
> Should I go ahead and do that, or are you still working on the plugin?

i'm still working in the correlation plugin right now (trying to add a
transparent way to give feedback how non-numeric vars were translated to
numeric ranks). just go ahead!