[rkward-devel] [rkward-cvs] SF.net SVN: rkward:[4088] trunk/rkward/rkward/plugins/uni1.2

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Mon Dec 12 19:09:54 UTC 2011

Hi,

On Sunday 11 December 2011, Stefan Rödiger wrote:
> Actually I can envision such an option (may it be as R object
> or whatever) in many more plugins. Hope you get what I mean.

yes, indeed. Of course, adding that option means the data format should
actually be usable. And, once the option is added, we need to be somewhat
careful not to do unneccesary changes, which might break people's workflow.

I'm not sure, whether you are hinting at a "standard" option for saving the
results, e.g. somewhere in the column with the "Submit" and "Close" buttons.
For that, I don't really have an opinion, on whether I like or dislike the
idea. One thing to keep in mind is that for some plugins it may make sense to
store several distinct objects.

> But yes, let's go for the R object idea.

Yes. That will provide most flexibility to the user.