[rkward-devel] rkward fatal crash

Dan McCloy drmccloy at uw.edu
Sun Dec 11 06:39:54 UTC 2011

"Connection closed unexpectedly. Last error was: QLocalSocket: Remote
closed

The R backend will be shut down immediately."

I'm using RKWard 0.5.7 on Ubuntu 10.04 (32 bit), R version 2.14.0

This happened when I had one plot window open (called from an earlier
"barplot()" command) and I opened another graphics window using
CairoX11().  I was running the CairoX11 code lines, looking at the results,
calling dev.off(), then tweaking colors/fonts in the code, and running
again.  The crash happened on about the fifth iteration of this, and it
happened right after the dev.off() command (the R console said "---
interrupted ---").

Let me know if you want more information or testing from me.  Not certain I
can reproduce it since it wasn't happening every time I did the CairoX11
calls.

best

-- dan

Dan McCloy
http://students.washington.edu/drmccloy/
Graduate Research Associate
Department of Linguistics
University of Washington

** please note that we cannot guarantee the confidentiality of information
sent via email **