[rkward-devel] crash when selecting repo

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Sat Apr 9 09:21:15 UTC 2011

Hi,

On Friday 08 April 2011, meik michalke wrote:
> today we've noticed a reproducable crash scenario in our working group on
> several machines (different ubuntu versions, different RKWard version from
> 0.5.5-pre2 to daily build). the abstract howt-to:
>
>  - open RKWard
>  - switch to the console
>  - execute "require(xyz)" (while xyz may be any uninstalled and/or unknown
>    package)
>  - follow the dialogs until you're told the package can't be found
>  - select "configure repositories"
>  - select "select mirror"
>  - select "details >>" -- BANG!
>
> can you reproduce this?

confirmed. The crash itself is now fixed in SVN. However, unfortunately, the
reason why you clicked on "Details >>" in the first place, remains: In this
scenario, nothing will happen when clicking "Select mirror". Not sure, how to
fix that, yet. Could you please submit a bug report to the tracker?

(In contrast, if you enter the settings dialog using Settings->Configure
RKWard, the "Select mirror"-button will work correctly).