[rkward-devel] [rkward-users] Proposition of changes on crosstabulation plugin

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Sat Apr 2 07:57:12 UTC 2011

Hi,

On Thursday 31 March 2011, Andrés Necochea wrote:
> I don't know how, but you do it, this function reduces many of code lines
> of my function. Thanks.
>
> Sorry, I'm no good making scripts. I repeat, I'm sociologyst.

code tends to get better / simpler the longer you think about it (and the more
eyes look at it). You will have noted that I did not arrive at the current
solution at once, either.

> rk.print requires R2HTML, this mean include a library for use only one
> function, thats very common on social science research.

True, that's a good thought in principle. However, the vast majority of our
plugins already uses rk.print(), and, in consequence R2HTML. Thus for all
practical purposes, RKWard depends on R2HTML, already.

> Besides, the table
> printed has no borders, and it looks ugly, maybe could be solved with a css
> style, I don't know.

Yes, probably a CSS could improve the looks of the output a lot. Any volunteer
to create an initial CSS definition for the RKWard output?