[rkward-devel] rkh file for utility functions

Prasenjit Kapat kapatp at gmail.com
Sun Sep 26 18:17:34 UTC 2010

Hi,

On Sun, Sep 26, 2010 at 1:10 PM, Thomas Friedrichsmeier
<thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sunday 26 September 2010, Prasenjit Kapat wrote:
>> Yeah this kind of brings back the argument of moving these into
>> internal.R, or at least move the help links to a
>> rkward_for_rkward_devs.rkh page.
>
> yes, perhaps that is a good idea to create such a "rkward_for_rkward_devs"
> page, so as not to make these too prominently visible. I'd leave moving them
> to internal.R for after the release, though. No reason to risk comitting copy-
> and-paste mistakes at this point.

All right, I'll add that page tonight.

> Probably we want more than just internal.R, and public.R. I guess internal.R
> should be for functions which will only ever be called by the C++-code, or
> used by other functions. Beyond that we may want to sort into functions
> dealing with output, automated testing, etc. (similar to the way you split the
> .Rd-files, perhaps).

Indeed, some thing to do after the release.

> Also, when looking at the documentation (and again, thanks for creating this!)
> I also have the strong feeling, that some of these functions can probably be
> merged, or removed, completely. But that will require great care, naturally.

Also, one would need to keep in mind that if we were to provide a
rkward package on CRAN (although, I somehow don't like the idea) then
it should behave "independently," ie, all help links and functions
should be self contained.

Regards,
--
Prasenjit