[rkward-devel] rkh file for utility functions

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Sun Sep 26 17:10:02 UTC 2010

Hi,

On Sunday 26 September 2010, Prasenjit Kapat wrote:
> Yeah this kind of brings back the argument of moving these into
> internal.R, or at least move the help links to a
> rkward_for_rkward_devs.rkh page.

yes, perhaps that is a good idea to create such a "rkward_for_rkward_devs"
page, so as not to make these too prominently visible. I'd leave moving them
to internal.R for after the release, though. No reason to risk comitting copy-
and-paste mistakes at this point.

Probably we want more than just internal.R, and public.R. I guess internal.R
should be for functions which will only ever be called by the C++-code, or
used by other functions. Beyond that we may want to sort into functions
dealing with output, automated testing, etc. (similar to the way you split the
.Rd-files, perhaps).

Also, when looking at the documentation (and again, thanks for creating this!)
I also have the strong feeling, that some of these functions can probably be
merged, or removed, completely. But that will require great care, naturally.