[rkward-devel] Potential Data editor bug

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Sat Sep 25 11:45:41 UTC 2010

Hi,

On Thursday 23 September 2010, Stefan Rödiger wrote:
> > It should be mostly, but not entirely safe to edit such objects. If you
> > edit a cell in one of the duplicate columns, all columns with the same
> > name will be affected in the backend. However, in the editor, this will
> > not become visible until you close and re-open the editor.

the idea was to underline that there really is some danger associated with
editing these objects, and thus to require a somewhat more conscious effort
from the user.

I suppose we could offer an option to run
  names (x) <- make.unique (names (x))
and re-open the object after that. I think it will be very rare for users to
run into this, though.

If you care, please remind me shortly after the release, or add an item to the
feature request tracker.