[rkward-devel] Potential Data editor bug

Stefan Rödiger stefan_roediger at gmx.de
Thu Sep 23 21:23:40 UTC 2010

Am Dienstag 21 September 2010, 16:52:04 schrieb Thomas Friedrichsmeier:
> Hi,
>
> On Sunday 19 September 2010, Prasenjit Kapat wrote:
> > As a caution to the user: Should a warning be displayed when the data
> > editor encounters multiple columns with same name? Noting that, the
> > data itself is not lost, it is just not displayed and hence not safe
> > to be edited! (Or is it safe anyways?)
>
> ok, current SVN version should no longer crash on this object. A warning
> should be displayed, and the table set to read-only mode. Please test.

Confirmed. It's (opening and warning) working reliably.

What is the rational to set it to read-only mode? I mean giving a warning and
leaving the user in this mode might be a bit confusing. In a future version it
might be nice to have an option in the dialogue to change the mode. Something
like "okay I know and don't want to edit it" and "okay I know and want to edit
it right now".

Regards
Stefan