[rkward-devel] Potential Data editor bug

Stefan Rödiger stefan_roediger at gmx.de
Thu Sep 16 16:38:21 UTC 2010

Am Donnerstag 16 September 2010, 17:14:49 schrieb Prasenjit Kapat:
> On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 8:22 AM, "Stefan Rödiger"
>
> <stefan_roediger at gmx.de> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have two files attached. First is called procedure.txt with the
> > description how to preduce the potential bug. And there is also the gdb
> > message. I was able to reproduce the crash of RKWard multiple times by
> > doing this.
>
> Confirmed.
>
> But if you use "mydata" instead of "data" as the data.frame variable
> then the crash does not occur. I guess the data editor is trying to
> edit utils::data as opposed to .GlobalEnv::data?
>
> Regards,

Well yes good point. But do the same procedure with:

a<-rnorm(100)
b<-rnorm(100)
data<-data.frame(a,b)
names(data)<-c("a","b")

then lets say fix(data) ... nothing will happen or open "data" from workspace
browser (as in my previous example) and nothing will happen. Shouldn't the
same thing happen?

BTW, as you might consent the lines attached in my example are not a good
example how to work with R (size and arrangement of data ...). Thus it was
really interesting for me to see what happens ... .

Regards
Stefan