[rkward-devel] some separate queries related to the plot history feature

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Tue Sep 14 15:55:10 UTC 2010

Hi,

On Tuesday 14 September 2010, Prasenjit Kapat wrote:
> On my end, R 2.11.1 and lattice 0.19-11 (r-cran-lattice form deb
> repo). Before upgrading lattice, could you try to remove rkward and
> then re-install
>
> Rscript -e "remove.packages ('rkward')"
> make install
>
> and see if it helps?

no difference.

After upgrading lattice, I get your result. Now I had not backed up the old
lattice, but I still had 0.17-25, too. I tried that, and get the same mismatch
again. *However*, the visible result is correct (i.e. device 2 displays
xyplot(2~2)). So perhaps it's just a problem specifically with
trellis.last.object()? I don't know if / where this could cause "real"
problems in your code.

P.S.: If you want to make extra sure everybody tracking SVN is using the
correct version of the package, you can use
  scripts/set_dist_version.sh
to increase the version counter (use
  scripts/getversion.sh
to see the current string). Then any user who doesn't do make install, or for
whom make install fails, will see a message about that when starting rkward.
Usually, I only increase the version before announcing a test-release,
however.