[rkward-devel] plot history: 3rd attempt: request for feedback

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Mon Sep 13 11:55:31 UTC 2010

Hi,

On Sunday 12 September 2010, Prasenjit Kapat wrote:
> I was wondering, if we should remove the "Plot properties" action
> completely? With the drop down list implemented, is it needed any
> more? There are two extra bits of information there: (1) size of the
> current plot and (2) complete plot call. Now, (1) may be useful to the
> user, given that we have implemented size restriction. But (2) may not
> be useful at all. What do you think?

True, it's not terribly useful any longer (personally, I'd rather see a
usecase remaining for 2, rather than 1). But I don't think it adds much
confusion or complexity, so why not just keep it?

> > I did not look at the code in any detail so far, and will wait with that
> > until you remove all the debugging calls (whenever you feel comfortable
> > with that).
>
> Assuming there are no major issues / bugs, say till Wednesday ("testing
> phase")?

Ok.

As a side-note, in case you are not aware of that function, you may want to
have a look at ?trace. It's a pretty useful debugging function, esp. when you
want to find out when a function is entered / left.