[rkward-devel] Snapshot 7 sep: new plot window too big

Matthieu Stigler matthieu.stigler at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 07:12:53 UTC 2010

Le 07. 09. 10 16:47, Thomas Friedrichsmeier a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> On Tuesday 07 September 2010, Matthieu Stigler wrote:
>
>> I guess since new buttons have been added to the toolbar of the plot
>> window,  it comes on the screen too big, so that the lower right part is
>> not on the screen and I can't reach it. I'm then not able to resize it
>> as I want... Do you see this too? maybe it would be more comfortable if
>> it comes with smaller size by default?
>>
> which version of KDE is that? Here (with KDE 4.4.4), the toolbar shows a small
> arrow button in case it does not fit, instead of forcing the window to become
> larger.

I have Ubuntu 10.4 with KDE 4.4.2

Which arrow button do you mean sorry? If it is the usual upper right, it
does not help, as it simply extend the window but still I can't see the
bottom of window
> Either way, we should probably save some more space on the toolbar. I'm not
> really comfortable with changing the default icon size, since this is based on
> the global user setting. So should we remove some more buttons by default? I
> think "Duplicate" is one candidate for removal. Perhaps we could also remove
> the Previous/Next buttons, now that there is the drop-down button?

What is the "active" supposed to do? Without knowing much of the plugin,
I would personally rather remove duplicate rather than previous/next, I
like it pretty much!

Concerning changing button size, I feel in any case something should be
done on windows... I had tried the win version and from the main
interface the buttons execute line/selection/whole were not available
directly, which is quite annoying!