[rkward-devel] Bug report

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Thu Oct 21 11:19:44 UTC 2010

Hi,

On Tuesday 19 October 2010, Mischa Vreeburg wrote:
> I tried to load several packages which have rJava as a dependency. About
> half of them ended in an error. I got a caught segfault with invalid
> permissions.

[...]

> I also had some problems loading the gWidgetsRGtk2 package and packages
> which required that one.

thanks for your report. Both are known problems, which appear hard to resolve,
unfortunately.

Currently I am working on changes that will make our R backend somewhat more
modular. That in turn will make it possible to move the R engine to a separate
process in the future. I am quite confident that this will solve the issues
with RGtk2, and hopeful that it might also solve the rJava problem. However,
this is still a long way to go, so don't expect anything, soon.

Interestingly, last time I checked, both RGtk2 and rJava-based packages worked
fine in RKWard on Windows.