[rkward-devel] rkwardtests package: done :-)

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Sat Oct 16 15:44:01 UTC 2010

Hi,

On Friday 15 October 2010, meik michalke wrote:
> btw, i wonder whether these changes should already be documented in the
> wiki (automated plugin testing)? if someone started working on a new set
> of plugins right now, he/she should probably be aware of these coming
> changes to save some work -- i believe plugin testing has become a little
> easier. since the whole test suite is one R package, it could be installed
> and used seperately while still using a stable RKWard release. so in
> theory we could update the wiki already and offer rkwardtests as an
> intermediate package until the next RKWard release.

go ahead, and update the wiki, I'd say. In case a plugin developer is not
already subscribed, I think it's safe to assume that they'll know to ask on
the list, when they run into problems.

To be on the safe side you could add a temporary note to the top of the page.

> i'll add information on the <about> section to the docbook file in SVN
> shortly.

Great! BTW, it's
  make webdocs
to render this into HTML (results are written to [builddir]/doc/rkward). Did
you get sftp-access to the web-space to work? Then you could also go ahead and
push it to the web, once it's all finished.

> yes, looks much better. i could move the hidden temp.dir object to that new
> enviroment as well, and in return export rktest.getTempDir().

Yes, but either use another environment for that (no need to save up on
environments, here), or rename .rktest.backups to something that will continue
to give a valid idea of what it's used for.