[rkward-devel] rkwardtests package: done :-)

meik michalke Meik.Michalke at uni-duesseldorf.de
Thu Oct 14 13:10:49 UTC 2010

hi,

Am Donnerstag, 14. Oktober 2010, um 13:05:43 schrieb Thomas Friedrichsmeier:
> indeed, I see. This directory is created for safety. Remember that we need
> to remove the unpackaged directory when the plugin pack is uninstalled.

true.

> But it's safer, and just as easy to simply create a folder with that name,
> and to unpack the archive, there.

RKWard sould be able to get all the meta information that comes with the
provider XML file, either through KHNS or directly, right? maybe this could
also be used to get e.g. the plain name of a plugin set, without having to
rely on tweaks to guess where the version number starts?

> What remains is that KNewStuff does not remove the old version of the
> archive, i.e. klausuR_rkward-0.9-7.tar.gz is still around.

i see. i'd hesitate to remove things here automatically by guesswork... maybe,
at a later point, we could add some straightforward dialog that just lists all
archives in that folder, with checkboxes to mark for deletion, so one could
clean up manually?

  heinrich-heine-universit"at d"usseldorf