[rkward-devel] Windows packaging

Prasenjit Kapat kapatp at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 19:15:30 UTC 2010

Hi,

On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 3:05 PM, Thomas Friedrichsmeier
<thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thursday 07 October 2010, Prasenjit Kapat wrote:
>> What version of KDE do you use? I was trying with 4.4.4 (only other
>> option is 4.2.2) - it does not install subverson, although it is
>> listed, packages for konsole, dolphin, kwrite (kate is there though)
>> are missing.
>
> I used 4.4.4 for compiling (upgraded form some earlier version, though).
> Regarding subversion, I don't remember any details, but I do recall I once
> searched for a windows svn client, manually, so it's quite possible that the
> one from the KDE installer did not work for me, either.
>
> kwrite should be in kdebase-apps. konsole does not work on windows, as far as
> I know (I use this to lessen the pain:
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/console/ ; it's still a windows command-line,
> though). I'm not sure about dolphin, but probably in kdebase-apps, too.

I see. I was trying as minimal a selection as possible. I'll include
apps next time.

>> I'll try some other native subversion client. Any suggestions?
>
> Again, I don't recall, which one I downloaded. But this looks about right to
> me: http://www.sliksvn.com/en/download . Alternatively, TortoiseSVN seems to
> be a very popular graphical client.

I'll give these a try and see.

>> Would
>> the regular rkward-xxx.tar.gz source work (ie not needing to pull from
>> svn)?
>
> It doesn't have the "windows_nsis"-subdirectory needed to create a package
> (and no make_release.bat-script, either).

I though so as well.

BTW, reading the wiki, I assume I need to install the KDE packages
twice - once for actually compiling RKWard, which installed system
wide, and later while packaging up as 7zip file, which is installed
inside the RKWard directory. Is this right?

--
Prasenjit