[rkward-devel] Windows packaging

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Thu Oct 7 19:05:34 UTC 2010

Hi,

On Thursday 07 October 2010, Prasenjit Kapat wrote:
> What version of KDE do you use? I was trying with 4.4.4 (only other
> option is 4.2.2) - it does not install subverson, although it is
> listed, packages for konsole, dolphin, kwrite (kate is there though)
> are missing.

I used 4.4.4 for compiling (upgraded form some earlier version, though).
Regarding subversion, I don't remember any details, but I do recall I once
searched for a windows svn client, manually, so it's quite possible that the
one from the KDE installer did not work for me, either.

kwrite should be in kdebase-apps. konsole does not work on windows, as far as
I know (I use this to lessen the pain:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/console/ ; it's still a windows command-line,
though). I'm not sure about dolphin, but probably in kdebase-apps, too.

> I'll try some other native subversion client. Any suggestions?

Again, I don't recall, which one I downloaded. But this looks about right to
me: http://www.sliksvn.com/en/download . Alternatively, TortoiseSVN seems to
be a very popular graphical client.

> Would
> the regular rkward-xxx.tar.gz source work (ie not needing to pull from
> svn)?

It doesn't have the "windows_nsis"-subdirectory needed to create a package
(and no make_release.bat-script, either).