[rkward-devel] Downloadable plugins

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Wed Oct 6 19:09:36 UTC 2010

Hi,

On Wednesday 06 October 2010, Prasenjit Kapat wrote:
> One thing we have to be careful is that "make" / "make install" should
> work even without an internet connection. (Or is it safe to assume
> that wherever / whoever is installing RKWard has access to the
> internet?)

I should have explained better: The idea was precisely to generate the
documenation only on the developer's system. makedist.sh is a script which I
run to *create* the source releases. It is not needed during make / make
install / at runtime.

> I haven't looked, but AFAIK, we do not have a NAMESPACE for rkward
> package, right? So, there is no issue of "export"ing. But I would like
> to have a namepsace and export only those functions which are in
> public*.R.

In principle this would probably be a good idea. However, several of the
functions in internal.R are called from C++-code. If these are no longer
exported, we'd have to find all those places, and fix them to use
rkward:::something(), instead. So this would require great care, and quite
some grep'ping. I certainly won't stop you from working on this, though.