[rkward-devel] On windows binary

Prasenjit Kapat kapatp at gmail.com
Sun May 16 00:53:04 UTC 2010

So, here are the points:

1. An option for a "Home" directory on Windows would be preferable,
defaulting to  %USERPROFILE%. Otherwise rkward starts in ....\KDE\bin,
which for obvious reason is not good!

The could be achieved as: if (grepl (pattern = "RKWard/KDE/bin$", x =
getwd())) setwd (Sys.getenv ("Home")) somewhere part of the startup?

OR, as arguments to the batch file? (I have no idea of DOS scripting ;))

2. This concerns KDE, so not much we can do: The first instantiation
of RKWard, on Win 7, asks for admin access to run
update-mime-database.exe and kconf_update.exe. Answering "No" works,
no apparent harms, yet.

3. Is PHP still a requirement on Windows?

4. As mentioned in an earlier thread: Some KDE process keep running
after rkward is closed: dbus-daemon.exe, kioslave.exe, klauncher.exe.
kded4.exe, kio_http_cache*, . Will it be a good idea to kill them (or
provide an option to do so) while exiting from RKWard? I've created
the following script: KDE_Cleanup.bat:

@ECHO off
taskkill /F /IM kio_http_cache*
taskkill /F /IM klauncher.exe
taskkill /F /IM dbus-daemon.exe
taskkill /F /IM kded4.exe

Could this be automatically run after rkward?
It may not be the right thing to do ;) But we could provide this as
part of the whole package.

Regards,
--
Prasenjit