[rkward-devel] static windows binary

Prasenjit Kapat kapatp at gmail.com
Sun May 16 00:22:45 UTC 2010

On Sat, May 15, 2010 at 8:28 AM, Thomas Friedrichsmeier
<thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> ok, the "installation bundle" is now available from
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/rkwardextras/files/ . Could some of you please
> give this a try, before I start linking to this from the RKWard on Windows
> page?

OK, the file is too big to be installable!

I tried this on two machines: (1) Core2duo, L9300, 1.6Ghz,  2GB ram,
32-bit, Win 7 and (2) P4 2.4 Ghz, 1.25 Gb ram, 32-bit, XP Home, to get
the following error:

"Program too big to fit in memory."  :D

So I did the following (brute force):

Extracted the .exe file using 7zip, moved the extracted folder to a
preferred location, and created a shortcut for KDE/bin/rkward.bat on
the desktop.

And lo behold, we've a working rkward now. Too easy to believe!
Although there was some error of not being able to find the plugin
path, but that was due to a left over rkwardrc (sorry, deleted it!).

And for the brief usage that followed it seems stable (on Win 7, will
try on XP Home later).

So, what should we do?
Provide a zip file first.
Which will have a much smaller setup file, and the remaining stuff as
a second zip (this can be 7zip or rar or ... depending on the
requirements) file?

Some other points - I'l take them up on a different thread.

Thanks for hard work. Let me volunteer to help you on this as well ;)
We can take it up separately.
--
Prasenjit