[rkward-devel] .rk function for copying device to output

Prasenjit Kapat kapatp at gmail.com
Sun May 9 05:50:27 UTC 2010

On Sat, May 8, 2010 at 10:40 AM, Thomas Friedrichsmeier
<thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Saturday 08 May 2010, Prasenjit Kapat wrote:
>> Is there any rkward function (.rk.xxx) that will copy the current
>> (active) graph to the output window? The GUI action for this is Device
>>
>> > Copy to output.
>
> the code that this creates is:
>
>  dev.set (xyz)
>  dev.copy (device=rk.graph.on)
>  rk.graph.off ()
>
> do you think we should provide a user-function for that?

well that would be a two line function anyway... but this works nonetheless.

I generally copy the plots to output and then drag them into
openoffice - a lot, for various reports, so this should save me some
mouse clicks ;)

> BTW, we should really start providing R documentation at least for the
> functions in public.R (those that start with "rk." instead of ".rk."). If
> anybody would volunteer to make a start on that, I'd really appreciate it.
> (See ?prompt for getting started).

OK, let stick my neck in ;) I'll start on the functions that I can
understand. Most of them seem for internal manipulations anyway,
right?

And I guess, tools::Rd2HTML () is the best way to "see" the thus
created Rd files?

--
Prasenjit