[rkward-devel] R backports on launchpad

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Sat May 8 15:53:14 UTC 2010

Hi,

On Monday 03 May 2010, Vincent Goulet wrote:
> It's ok that you insist. At first sight, maintaining a PPA does not seem
>  like a lot of additional work. I'm just afraid that at some time, it will
>  involve some time that I'm just not willing to spend on that project.
>  Sorry.

ok. Thanks for considering.

> As I said in my first message, feel free to use my build scripts to
>  maintain PPAs for R.

Thanks. We'll consider our options, and see what's the least maintainance work
for us. If we do make direct use of your scripts for a PPA, we'll drop you a
note.

@Michael: Probably an inclusion of R in Ubuntu main would help us with our
concern, but I'm afraid we do not have a strong point to support this request,
since RKWard is not in Ubuntu main, either.