[rkward-devel] [rkward-users] Preview release of RKWard 0.4.9c for KDE 3

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Tue Mar 9 21:09:12 UTC 2010

Hi,

On Monday 08 March 2010, Prasenjit Kapat wrote:
> R: 2.10.1
> In the past two days, the new help system has been working fine. I'll
> keep the devel list updated if I see any errors.
>
> > - If could test with different versions of R (if possible, including
> > prereleases of R 2.11.x), that would be really helpful.
>
> R: 2.11 (unstable)
> Even with a slightly broken installation of 2.11 [*], rkward is doing
> fine with the new help system. Now, I won't be able to spend much time
> w/ the pre-release version of 2.11, so testing will be minimal. But if
> needed, I have a "working setup," so I can quickly run some tests.

ok, thanks. That's encouraging. Unless you - or anybody else - finds an issue
until then, I think it's ok to create an official release at the end of the
week, then.

I anybody else would like to do some testing, but you need more time, please
speak up, and we'll wait a little while longer.

> BTW, once rkward is installed (in ~/.kde) is it possible to check
> which R version it was compiled against, without starting an instance
> of rkward? Sys.getenv("R_VERSION") works but I have to start rkward
> first!

Not really, I'm afraid. You can find out the path to the R installation in use,
though:
    head /usr/bin/rkward