[rkward-devel] paginate onscreen graphics device

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Thu Jul 8 10:08:30 UTC 2010

Hi,

On Monday 05 July 2010, Prasenjit Kapat wrote:
> Or do you suggest to split off the above two cases into two distinct
> icons / menu items? One (corresponding to 1) could be named 'Append to
> history' and two (cor. to 2) could be called 'Overwrite' or 'Replace'?

to throw in another idea: What about calling it (and making it) "insert into
history"? This would insert at the current position (equivalent to append for
new plots). I.e. do not overwrite the "old" plot, but insert directly after
that, instead of at the end.

If you do want to keep the current behavior, then yes, I'd suggest splitting
it into two separate actions.