[rkward-devel] [JSS-Announce] Special issue on GUI's for R

"Stefan Rödiger" stefan_roediger at gmx.de
Wed Jul 7 13:27:00 UTC 2010

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: 7 Jul 2010 14:35:29 +0200
> Von: "Thomas Friedrichsmeier" <thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de>
> An: rkward-devel at lists.sourceforge.net
> Betreff: Re: [rkward-devel] [JSS-Announce] Special issue on GUI\'s for R

> Hi,
>
> On Monday 05 July 2010, Stefan Rödiger wrote:
> > Glad to hear this. BTW would there be a way to "extract the structure"
> > automatically?
>
> it would be possible to do this. It would probably take a lot less time
> for me
> to implement this, than to copy down the menu structure by hand. Do you
> think
> we will have a use for this?

Well, yes an no. J. Fox illustrated the menu structure in his 2005 JSS paper. The same would apply to us (but I would put in the appendix). Therefore this has very low priority.

> Regarding my sections in the paper: Sorry, I should have focussed on this
> earlier. Now other tasks are keeping me busy. I will send you *something*
> on
> Friday, but my section(s) will not be anywhere near complete by then. Can
> you
> give me one more week?

Sure, take the time you need. I just need a feedback to keep track of all.
And "something" is something we can start working with.

> Regards
> Thomas

Regards
Stefan