[rkward-devel] limiting onscreen graphics history

Prasenjit Kapat kapatp at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 00:59:45 UTC 2010

Hi,

On Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 1:15 PM, Thomas Friedrichsmeier
<thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wednesday 30 June 2010, Prasenjit Kapat wrote:
>> I can improve .rk.grapch.history.gui () marginally so that not all the
>> devices need updating when browsing through history.
>
> I haven't looked into your code in detail, but I'm afraid, this had side-
> effects, and I suggest to revert this part to the slightly wasteful, but
> simpler, and not significantly slower solution from before.
>
> Bug reports, for the current implementation:
> Run
>  plot (1, 1)
>  plot (2, 2)
>  x11 (); plot (3, 3)
> - The device history should contain at least two items (1,1 and 2,2) at this
> point. However, the "next"-button remains disabled for the first device.
> - Sometimes the "previous"-button remains enabled when at the start of the
> history, and in fact, clicking it, I can wrap around to the last plot. Then
> sometimes it will be disabled at some point, but I have not figured out, when
> or why.

I've reverted back to updating all (managed) devices. Let me know if
the the behavior is 'as expected.' And btw, when testing, the
following commands come in handy:

rk.record.plot$printPars () # to see the positions
rk.record.plot$clearHistory () # clear and start again

--
Prasenjit