[rkward-devel] local

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Thu Aug 5 07:21:15 UTC 2010

Hi,

On Wednesday 04 August 2010, Stefan Rödiger wrote:
> Thanks, that (remove a toplevel object) was what I did and it lead to
> occasional crashes of RKWard (well at least all objects were removed ;) ).
> That's why assumed to do something "harmful" and "not intended by the
> developer". I'll keep an eye on it (maybe another "nobody else has this
> problem"?).

well, I am somewhat curious as to the use-case for this. Of course the whole
point of running plugin code in a local environment is to make sure the
.GlobalEnv isn't touched, generally.

But in any case, it really should not crash. A backtrace may (or may not) be
helpful, if you run into this again. If you can give me (mostly) reproducible
step-by-step instructions on how to trigger the crash, that is probably next
to fixing it.

If "nobody else has seen this problem" that does not mean it isn't a problem,
or that it won't cause more wide-spread trouble on a later day. So we should
really try to get to the root of this (and also of the problem with the basic
statistics plugin).

SVN version or 0.5.3?