[rkward-devel] local

Stefan Rödiger stefan_roediger at gmx.de
Wed Aug 4 20:54:01 UTC 2010

Am Mittwoch 04 August 2010, 21:54:23 schrieb Thomas Friedrichsmeier:
> Hi,
>
> On Wednesday 04 August 2010, Stefan Rödiger wrote:
> > how do I escape local (from a plugin) in order to remove objects from
> > .GlobalEnv?
>
> simply by using .GlobalEnv ;-).

sounds like a good idea, ;)

> To remove a member of a list / data.frame
> in .GlobalEnv:
> 	.GlobalEnv$my.list[["object"]] <- NULL
> To remove a toplevel object in .GlobalEnv:
> 	rm ("object", envir=.GlobalEnv)

Thanks, that (remove a toplevel object) was what I did and it lead to
occasional crashes of RKWard (well at least all objects were removed ;) ).
That's why assumed to do something "harmful" and "not intended by the
developer". I'll keep an eye on it (maybe another "nobody else has this
problem"?).

> Regards
> Thomas

Regards