[rkward-devel] Second call for testing: RKWard 0.5.3-pre2

meik michalke Meik.Michalke at uni-duesseldorf.de
Mon Apr 26 13:36:07 UTC 2010

Am Sonntag, 25. April 2010 22:22:05 schrieb Thomas Friedrichsmeier:
> On Saturday 24 April 2010, meik michalke wrote:
>
> That one should be fixed, as well, now.

yes, thanks -- it compiles and a hardy-package for CRAN R is ready :-)

> So, probably we would have to upload the CRAN (source) packages to another
> PPA, first. I'm not quite sure, how much work it would be to automate that.

if that cannot be automated it won't save much work for other than official
ubuntu installations. i must admit i didn't search too hard, because i have a
painless workflow now, which is actually quite similar: i create a source
package, upload it to my repo and build binary packages from that on each
virtualized target system (that is done almost automatically by some scripts,
including uploading everything to the repo when finished).

for me it makes no difference at the moment for what installation i build. so
it seemed like doubling my work if i had to split it into two different
workflows. but i would appreciate if someone would supported my efforts
somehow, be it with launchpad builds or anything else. with the release of
10.04 some things have to change ;-)

what i mean is: if we can build for CRAN R as well as for the official
installation, i could move completely from my repo to launchpad. if CRAN
cannot be supported, i can still take care of debianising for ubuntu releases
as i do anyway, but only build for and host CRAN R releases and leave the
other flavors to launchpad, if anyone else would feel responsible there.

> Creating packages for the version of R officially in Ubuntu is quite easy,
> though. I have set up a first attempt, here: https://launchpad.net/~rkward-
> devel/+archive/rkward-devel .

looks nice. without the CRAN repo it will only work for anything after 8.04,
though: the hardy builds failed because R is too old.

> makeppa_upload.sh

i'll have a look at it soon.

  heinrich-heine-universit"at d"usseldorf