[rkward-devel] Bug when switching to graphic: again with R 2.9.2

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Wed Sep 30 19:47:20 UTC 2009

Hi

On Wednesday 30 September 2009, Matthieu Stigler wrote:
> Though I have the latest svn version, an update for rkward is strangely
> still suggested with apt-get now, which was not the case before. Indeed,
> it seems that the repo version is marked as newer than the svn one. I
> tried to deactivate the repo (commenting rkward_cran_list) but still
> apt-get suggest an update. Do you have also this problem? Should I
> modify the number of the version in the sources to get ride of that?

sorry, no idea. If I understand you correctly, you built the svn version using
dpkg-buildpackage? Which versions did that yield, and which version does apt
suggest to install?

You can increase the version of your locally built .deb by modifying
debian/changelog.

> Btw, is a very minor official release planned soon?

I think we should probably release roughly at the same time that R 2.10.0 is
released (scheduled for October 26). What exactly will be included in the
release remains to be seen. I will probably prepare a -test release in a week
or two.