[rkward-devel] Fwd: rkward import module for Stata

Michael Ash mash at econs.umass.edu
Tue Sep 29 18:45:24 UTC 2009

Dear Thomas and others,

Thank you very much for  the kind welcome to the rkward community.

I think that the overall work on import_stata module is largely done.
I will be grateful for feedback, e.g., labels don't work right,
formats got messed up, etc.,  but I don't foresee any major changes.

I would also like a quick tutorial on subversion.    I was able to install, to

svn co http://rkward.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/rkward/trunk rkward_trunk

and to examine the files.

Is there an easy way to make rkward so that I can keep the stable
version but also have the trunk version fully installed.  For example
with the executable named rkward.trunk?

I'd like to confirm that this remains the basic work cycle:

Producing patches
If you would like to contribute patches, the easiest way (both for
you, and also for the developers) is this:

svn co http://rkward.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/rkward/trunk rkward_trunk
cd rkward_trunk
[if it's been a while]
svn up
make
sudo make install
Make your changes directly in the working copy
Maybe run svn up again, to make sure changes other people made don't
conflict with your changes
run svn diff > patch.diff
send the diff to the mailing list with a short message, on what you
did, and why.

Best,
Michael