[rkward-devel] [rkward-users] Preview releases of RKWard 0.4.9b and 0.5.0d

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Fri May 1 13:59:22 UTC 2009

On Friday 01 May 2009, Germán Márquez Mejía wrote:
> El 30/04/09 19:53, Prasenjit Kapat escribió:
> > There is one issue that I have been delaying to report, this is
> > probably a good time.
> > Issue: Under (1) Hitting the "Delete" key in R Console gives an option
> > to trash the script file.
>
> I can reproduce it too.

Ok, I finally reproduced it, too. The problem is inside kdelibs. The
file-manager widget (KDirOperator) simply associates its shortcuts with the
top-level window, which means they will always be active for the main RKWard
window, regardless whether the file browser has focus or not. (The problem
only shows up after the first use of the File Browser tab, as the browser is
created on the fly, then). The only solution I can see is to completely
disable all shortcuts for the file-manager widget. I've done so in SVN. Let
me know, if this leads to other problems.

> > I think this has been fixed in KDE4 version.

More precisely: It has been fixed in kdelibs for KDE 4.

> Right, but I can see some strange behaviour when detaching the R-console
> and then reattaching it *from the right-click menu of the original tab*
> not from the "Window" menu. Doing so would cause that the console itself
> is reattached, but *not the window containing it*, rendering the latter
> green-backgrounded and useless.

Should be fixed in SVN.