[rkward-devel] [rkward-users] Preview releases of RKWard 0.4.9b and 0.5.0d

Prasenjit Kapat kapatp at gmail.com
Fri May 1 00:53:44 UTC 2009

Hi,

My testing environment:
(1) : [64 bit] KDE 3 on RedHat EL5 - rkward 0.4.9b - kdelibs
3.5.4-18.el5, qt 3.3.6-23.el5, and R 2.8.1
(2) : [32 bit] Kubuntu 9.04 [Burnt my video card, should be fixed by
the weekend!]

On 4/30/09, Thomas Friedrichsmeier
<thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de> wrote:
> Hi,

>> > This problem is not present in my case (Did you mean R console?).
>>
>> Yeap I mean R console and I get the message  "QAction::eventFilter:
>> Ambiguous shortcut overload: Ctrl+V" in the terminal running in the
>> background.
>
> I can't reproduce this problem, either. Does anybody else see this problem?
> Could you give a few details of your system (KDE 3 or KDE 4 desktop running,
> version of kdelibs/Qt)?

I do not see this under (1). Will report on (2) as soon as I can.

I run the 0.4.9 branch from svn on (1) on a very regular basis. And no
major problems at all. Though I must confess, I very rarely use the
statistical plugins. More of an IDE type usage rather than for
statistical analysis.

There is one issue that I have been delaying to report, this is
probably a good time.
Issue: Under (1) Hitting the "Delete" key in R Console gives an option
to trash the script file.
How to reproduce:
- Open a script file from the File browser tab, open the R Console and
keep it attached to the main window. Hit Delete.
- Now close this script file, close the File browser tab, hit Delete -
same thing. Basically, the file that was opened is still in focus
inside the File browser tab

How _not_ to reproduce:
- Open rkward fresh, do not open any script file. Hit Delete in R
Console - works as a delete key should ie deletes the following
character.
- Whatever the current state of your rkward is, detach the R Console
window. Hit Delete - works as a delete key should!

Basically, when the Console is attached to the main window, Delete is
sent to the File browser, unless it is a fresh start and no script
file is open.

I think this has been fixed in KDE4 version.
--
Prasenjit