[rkward-devel] 2009 Season of Usability Call for Projects Open Until April 15 2009

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Tue Mar 31 11:03:45 UTC 2009

Hi,

On Tuesday 31 March 2009, Celeste Lyn Paul wrote:
> OpenUsability Season of Usability is a series of sponsored student projects
> to encourage students of usability, user-interface design, and interaction
> design to get involved with Free/Libre/Open-Source Software (FLOSS). During
> a 3 month collaboration, students work together with an experienced
> usability mentor and key developers of the project to improve the user
> experience of a FLOSS application. The next Season of Usability student
> projects will start in May 2009.
>
> FLOSS Projects who would like to benefit from a usability student are
> encouraged to fill in our Call for Projects:

I don't think, I'd have the time to function as a technical mentor for RKWard,
so I'm not going to register RKWard. However, if you feel up to that task,
that would certainly be an exciting oppurtunity, and I'd try to help out here
and there, as needed.

Also, a usability review of our plugins alone, or even just a small sub-set of
our plugins would offer ample oppurtunities for usability students, and
RKWard alike. That is, depending on the task, a technical mentor would not
even have to be a core/C++-coder.

So, if you think you're going to have the time, skill, and motivation between
May and August, speak up, and we'll develop some ideas on what tasks we could
define for the Season of Usability. Just don't wait for me to take the first
step.