[rkward-devel] Rkward Crashes KDE and X11 with a simple "double clic" ; )

Prasenjit Kapat kapatp at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 17:10:17 UTC 2009

On Sun, Mar 29, 2009 at 1:26 PM, moi moi <metacryptic at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi !
> We will,now, crashes KDE and X11 with a "double clic" ;)
>
> 1) Start RKward
> 2) Close all the tab (ctrl+w) : in my case--> the HTML "Rkward welcome" tab
> and the "my.data" tab
> ==> i do this because, by default, this tab is not active, and so anytime
> you want to type command-lines you must select the "terminal R" tab before.
> By closing all tabs, the "terminal R" tab is always actived.

I prefer to start with an "empty workspace". And by "terminal R" I
assume you are refering to the "R console" tab in the big Rkward
window?

> 3) Open the "R terminal" by clicking on the icon "terminal R"
> 4) Now we will crash KDE and X11.......... :
> ---> Click on the icon representing  "Rkward" (not the terminal window) at
> the bottom of KDE in the "taskbar" : this action minimise Rkward
> ---> Click on the same icon another time to maximise it :  bang crash !

Hmm. Could this be a compiz specific issue? Because, I run the 0.4.9a
version (from svn) on a RedHat EL 5.3 (KDE 3.5.4, yes it is that
old..) machine, without any problems.

--
Prasenjit