[rkward-devel] rkward icon/hicolor l10n [was: Getting ready to release RKWard 0.5.0c - Call for testing]

michel lang michellang at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 15:47:30 UTC 2009

Hi,

 > could you check your exact menu entry? i still had a similar problem after
 > removing the "hicolor" statement and rebuilding rkward, and found an orphaned
 > reference in my ~/.kde/share/config/kickerrc that overwrote the system wide
 > entry (something like ~/.local/share/applications/kde4-rkward.desktop). after
 > i removed that .desktop file, rkward had its icon back.

 I've just compiled test5 from sources. Icons are in the right
 directory, but there is still no icon in the start menu. There is
 neither a kickerrc nor a custom .desktop-file in my home directory.
 The file "/usr/share/applications/kde4/rkward.desktop" is in the right
 dir.

 With a new created user account the icon is present, so this is most
 likely a caching issue. I'll try to find out how to rebuild the icon
 cache.

Regards, Michel