[rkward-devel] Getting ready to release RKWard 0.5.0c - Call for testing

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Sat Mar 28 21:22:44 UTC 2009

Hi Ben,

On Saturday 28 March 2009, Ben Goodrich wrote:
> test3 seems to be working for me, but it claims to not work :)
> Specifically, when I start rkward, a KDE notify box pops up that says
> "There was a problem starting the R backend. The following error(s)
> occurred: -An unspecified error occurred that is not yet handled by RKWard.
> Likely RKWard will not function properly. Please check your setup"

> error in initialization call 'options (device=rk.screen.device)
> '

probably this is due to parts of an old (self-compiled) RKWard installation
hanging around. Try
	R CMD REMOVE rkward
Now start rkward again. I'm fairly confident this should solve the problem.
But please let me know, whether or not it actually does.

(The one feature not functioning properly in this case would be X11-window
capturing).