[rkward-devel] Getting ready to release RKWard 0.5.0c - Call for testing

Ben Goodrich goodrich at fas.harvard.edu
Sat Mar 28 02:45:25 UTC 2009

Thomas Friedrichsmeier <thomas.friedrichsmeier at ...> writes:
> The -test3 release is available at http://rkward.sf.net/temp/ .

test3 seems to be working for me, but it claims to not work :) Specifically,
when I start rkward, a KDE notify box pops up that says "There was a problem
starting the R backend. The following error(s) occurred: -An unspecified error
occurred that is not yet handled by RKWard. Likely RKWard will not function
properly. Please check your setup"

But the R backend is started and is apparently working without problems. I have
a KDE 4.2 Debian setup with the R 2.9 alpha from Sid. I don't think the Konsole
messages speak to this issue but I paste them below anyway.

Thanks,
Ben

goodrich at X41Laptop:/tmp$ rkward
rkward(26878): Shortcut for KAction  "window_show_workspace" "Show/Hide
Workspace Browser" set with QShortcut::setShortcut()! See KAction documentation.

rkward(26878): Shortcut for KAction  "window_show_filebrowser" "Show/Hide
Filesystem Browser" set with QShortcut::setShortcut()! See KAction
documentation.
rkward(26878): Shortcut for KAction  "window_show_commandlog" "Show/Hide Command
Log" set with QShortcut::setShortcut()! See KAction documentation.

rkward(26878): Shortcut for KAction  "window_show_pendingjobs" "Show/Hide
Pending Jobs" set with QShortcut::setShortcut()! See KAction documentation.

rkward(26878): Shortcut for KAction  "window_show_console" "Show/Hide Console"
set with QShortcut::setShortcut()! See KAction documentation.
rkward(26878): Shortcut for KAction  "window_show_helpsearch" "Show/Hide R Help
Search" set with QShortcut::setShortcut()! See KAction documentation.
rkward(26878): Shortcut for KAction  "window_activate_docview" "Activate
Document view" set with QShortcut::setShortcut()! See KAction documentation.

R version 2.9.0 alpha (2009-03-20 r48169)
Copyright (C) 2009 The R Foundation for Statistical Computing
ISBN 3-900051-07-0

  Natural language support but running in an English locale

Type 'q()' to quit R.

Calling appendChild() on a null node does nothing.
error in initialization call 'options (device=rk.screen.device)
'
Calling appendChild() on a null node does nothing.
Calling appendChild() on a null node does nothing.
rkward(26878): Shortcut for KAction  "interrupt" "Interrupt running command" set