[rkward-devel] Getting ready to release RKWard 0.5.0c - Call for testing

michel lang michellang at gmail.com
Sat Mar 28 01:17:45 UTC 2009

Hi,

I'm glad to see some progress on RKWard. :)

I've adjusted the gentoo-ebuild for the test3-sources and successfully
compiled RKWard using qt-4.5.0 and kde-4.2.1.
There are only some minor things that bug me which maybe could get
solved short-term:

* missing menu-icon
Icons got placed into /usr/share/icons/hicolor/[size]/l10n/hicolor/
instead of /usr/share/icons/hicolor/[size]/ (is this intended
behavior?) .
I've remove the "hicolor" from rkward/icons/app-icon/CMakeLists.txt
and the icons accordingly got placed in the right dir alongside the
other applications icons. However this didn't solve my problem (maybe
I've to rebuild the icons cache somehow?). I'd be glad if someone
could help me fix this and bring some light into this issue.

* plugin windows pop up randomly in either the lower left or top right
corner and the window is way to small.
The last used window position should be saved and the min-width should
default to a value that you can at least read all the columns of the
select-dialogs. The R-preview should default to at least 3 lines,
otherwise you always have to resize the window to see something
different than just "local({".

* missing vim-mode status-bar.
Ok, this certainly isn't that urgent but still would be nice to have.

Best regards, Michel