[rkward-devel] Getting ready to release RKWard 0.5.0c - Call for testing
stefan_roediger at gmx.de
Fri Mar 27 00:24:35 UTC 2009
Am Wednesday 25 March 2009 21:48:24 schrieb Thomas Friedrichsmeier:
> Hi all,
> if a reminder was needed, today my mailbox had two further hints to finally
> get going with a new release.
> Firstly, two people pointed out that we had an embarassing crash-problem
> with the upcoming R 2.9. I hope to have fixed that.
> Secondly, the German c't magazine is asking for permission to include
> RKWard on a covermount DVD-ROM.
Wow. That's something big.
> They say RKWard has been pre-selected to be
> included in this collection of free and shareware programs. Not sure
> what "pre-selected" means, whether all they still need is our consent
> (which I strongly intend to give), or whether they will do some further
> post-selecting after that. However, c't really is a pretty renowned IT
> magazine in Germany, and looking for developers to help in our project, a
> paragraph or two in c't might be just the sort of publicity we need to get
> forward. --- Well, giving them explicit permission to distribute under the
> GPL is a no-brainer. The other part is getting RKWard into a presentable
> state. c't is asking for feedback until April 1st.
I hope we manage it.
> I've created a new test version 0.5.0c-test1, available in source and
> i386 .deb from http://rkward.sourceforge.net/temp/ (or from SVN). Note that
> I'll only take care of a KDE 4 release, right now. A KDE 3 release of all
> our fixes will follow (0.4.9b), but that's not my priority.
> If you've been following SVN, recently, you've seen all but the most recent
> changes, already. So although releasing before April 1st could probably
> best be called "sudden", I think we really are in pretty good shape to rush
> it this much. Still I would like to ask you to download 0.5.0c-test1 and
> 1. test everything you care about once more
> - Especially, if you have a chance to test on Ubuntu, and with
> combinations of KDE and R other than KDE 4.2.1 and R 2.9, that would be
> 2. remind me of important issues that still need fixing.
> Two things that are not yet included in the test1 release:
> 1. The German translation update provided by Jannis. I'll wait until Stefan
> has given it a look (go ahead and commit to SVN, when ready).
Done. Please check again.
> 2. The item response theory plugins by Meik. Are those fit to be included
> in the "official" pluginmap? In whole, or only partially?
> I would very much like to rush the release, in order to meet the April 1st
> deadline. Since my own time schedule is hairy as well, that means I need
> all substantial feedback before Monday morning. So, please, if you can find
> the time, take a look until then.
Please check the changes I made to the boxplot. They work in all my tests but ... .
More information about the Rkward-devel