[rkward-devel] PHP issues for RKWard on Windows (XP)

I. Soumpasis nono.231 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 11:52:13 UTC 2009

2009/6/18 Thomas Friedrichsmeier <thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de>

> Hi,
>
> On Thursday 18 June 2009, Prasenjit Kapat wrote:
> > Great, now the PHP works fine... Some of the (graphics related)
> > plugins work too!
>
> what do you mean,"PHP works fine"? On my windows computer I'm getting
> several
> second delays until the PHP backend has generated the R code (Code display
> shows "processing, please wait", and the submit button is disabled). And
> it's
> not a CPU-problem, either. Both rkward and PHP mostly sit idle during this
> time, apparently the data is stuck in some buffers that I could not get rid
> of.
> Do you get decent speed on your machine?

I have also these delays and the computer where I am testing is very fast. I
noticed that for some plugins like the stem-and-leaf, the loading is
relative fast. However, for other as some plotting I tried, it just sits
there for many seconds, maybe more than a minute saying "processing, please
wait" and the submit button is disabled. Also preview is disabled. Is this
on purpose?

Ilias